Terms and Policies
Terms of Service
Here are some guidelines about the use of Paperback:
- Paperback is a service which uses Stripe, a
secure payment system. If you'd like to cancel your subscription,
you can do so by deleting your account in Settings. Contact
support if you'd like to update
your credit card information.
- Paperback doesn't display ads. It's possible but unlikely that an
ad gets through the parser and you'll see it in an article page. If
you do, please let support know
- Your articles are private. Only you can see your articles on
Paperback but remember that if something is public on Pinboard,
- Your info is private. I do send you email address to
Stripe so they can email you a receipt. (Here
are their terms of service).
- This is a service I use and love. I want it to exist for a while but
if for whatever reason I can no longer maintain it, I'll let you
know with as much time as I can.
- Do feel safe about using Paperback. Everything is over HTTPS and the
servers are secured using standard, proven methods. I can't
guarantee I won't get hacked, but I promise that if something bad
happens, I'll give you a full explanation why.
- Do feel free to cancel your account at any time by doing so in your
Settings. No hard feelings.
- Do love Paperback and use it as much as possible
- Don't store illegal content. You're responsible for that--not
me--so don't be dumb about it
- Don't sync articles that contains code which could be malicious to
Paperback's systems or any other services
- Don't use scripts or services that ping Paperback too often
You deserve privacy and I do my best to provide that.
- I don't ask you for personal information unless it's needed. The
only reason I ask for your email address is to contact you regarding
payment. I won't send you updates or anything else because it's
rude and you didn't ask for that
- I won't share your personal information with anyone except to
comply with the law or process payment via
- If you delete your account, your personal information is deleted as
well but may stay in backups for a little while.
payment information on registration
please contact support.